- Kubernetes is an open-source container orchestration tool developed by Google
- It helps us manage containerized applications in different deployment environments
- Containers act as perfect hosts for micro-services (running independently)
- The rise of micro-services architecture led to applications using 1000s of containers that need to be smartly managed.
- Container orchestration offers:
- High Availability (no downtime)
- Disaster Recovery
- In the image below, a replica of both Application Pod and the DB Pod are maintained on a separate node with load balancing. So, even if one of the nodes fail, the application will be accessible.
Last updated: 2022-08-28