Serverless ToDo List App¶
- Expose as REST API with HTTPS
- Serverless architecture
- Users should be able to directly interact with their own folder in S3
- Users should authenticate through a managed serverless service
- Users can write and read to-dos, but they mostly read them
- The database should scale, and have some high read throughput
- Giving users access to a folder in S3
- Cognito Identity Pool can be used to get temporary credentials after authenticating using CUP.
- Pre-signed URL isn’t used since we need to provide access to the bucket and not an object.
- Improving read throughputs
- Implement a DAX layer to cache DynamoDB queries.
- Caching can also be implemented as the API gateway level if the read responses don’t change much.
Last updated: 2022-05-10