- Extension of CloudWatch ⮕ Events
- Event buses types:
- Default event bus: events from AWS services are sent to this
- Partner event bus: receive events from external SaaS applications
- Custom Event bus: for your own applications
- Event Rules: how to process the events
- Event buses support cross-account access
- Cron Jobs: when creating an EB rule, we can select “Schedule” instead of event pattern to trigger an event based on a cron expression.
- Can archive events (all or based on a filter) sent to an event bus to replay later
EventBridge is recommended for decoupling applications that reacts to events from third-party SaaS applications.
- Defines how the data is structured in the event bus
- Schema can be versioned
Event Bus Policy¶
- Manage permissions for an event bus
- Useful to allow or deny events from another AWS account or region
Last updated: 2023-02-19