- Used to deploy applications on AWS infrastructure
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Automatically handles capacity provisioning, load balancing, scaling, application health monitoring, instance configuration, etc. but we have full control over the configuration
- Free (pay for the underlying resources)
- Supports versioning of application code
- Can create multiple environment (dev, test, prod)
- Supports the deployment of web applications from Docker containers and automatically handles load balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, and placing containers across the cluster.
Web & Worker Environments¶
- Web Environment (Web Server Tier): clients requests are directly handled by EC2 instances through a load balancer.
- Worker Environment (Worker Tier): clients’s requests are put in a SQS queue and the EC2 instances will pull the messages to process them. Scaling depends on the number of SQS messages in the queue.
Last updated: 2022-05-20